Saturday, March 27, 2010

Lost Boys Collage




Think Creatively!
Identify and discuss some of the creative elements of your collage.
A few of the creative elements in my collage are in the way that I presented my photos. One of the ways that I presented my pictures was the puzzle piece effect between the oil and money. I put these two with the puzzle piece effect because of how they go together. One of the reasons for the civil war was because of the money and oil that was in Sudan so they both, together, caused the conflicts that led to the civil war. This is one of the many ways that I used creativity in my collage.
Reason Critically!
How did you use the images and text that you selected to highlight your understanding of the Lost Boy’s situation?
A few ways that I highlighted my understanding's of the Lost Boy's situation was from the meaningful pictures and text. One way that I have shown that I understand the Lost Boys' situation is that their are two sides of their situation. I have shown even though that there was so much destruction and chaos in Sudan, once they moved to the US they had more hope and chances. Another way I have shown the Lost Boys' situation is by how there are the pictures showing the problems in Sudan but also showing the hope and opportunities they have in the US. This is how I have highlighted that I understand the Lost Boys' situation.
Communicate Effectively!
Explain how your collage creates awareness for the Lost Boys’ plight.
My collage created a lot of awareness for the Lost Boys' plight through my pictures but also my text. All my pictures have a separate and significant meaning. First of all my collage you can see and clearly undersand every part of my collage. Another way that I created awarness for the Lost Boys' plight was that you can see all the highs and lows that the Lost Boys' experienced, such as the war and some graduating high school. You can also see their plight because of my text. I used words that I felt that the Lost Boys' might have felt through their plight form beginning to end. This is why I believe I created an awareness to the Lost Boys' plight,
Live Ethically!
Explain how you think your collage demonstrated empathy and might evoke an emotional response from your viewers and/or incite them to act.
I think that my collage demonstrated empathy quite well. I used very meaningful pictures that but not just death and destruction I used pictures that shows how I know what the Lost Boys' experienced. I think that my collage created and emotional response from people because I highlighter the chaos and destruction so the audience will see all that happened in Sudan and how horrible it was. Once the audience had a feeling in empathy I provided them with a way to help with the situation on Sudan. I chose he Save Darfur picture because it shows that not only the Dinka boys are in trouble but all of Sudan is and the colors, green and white, stand out from all the dark, gloomy colors so the audience will be able to see the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers