Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Essay Reflection



Ideas and Content
My ideas and content are appropriate because of the significance to my main idea. Through both my explanations and my quotations. One way that I showed this is through my explanation in my Julius Caesar essay."Whenever Cassius speaks of Caesar you can hear sense the envy in his words and his deep hatred of Caesar. You can also see that Cassius is very envious of Caesar because he only speaks badly of Caesar". I used a good quote and explained it well when I showed that Cassius was jealous of Caesar and wanted the power. I think that I can improve instead of writing sentences that sometimes repeat I will write a new idea in every sentence so that I don't bore the reader and I am able to incorporate more ideas into my essay.

Organization
My essay shows appropriate organization in a few ways. First of all I used a logical sequence when I'm explaining my reasons because in both essays I led into the the next paragraph with the first one. I made sure that I followed not only what I thought was right but also the organization of the story because then the audience will be able to follow along. I think that my essays are well organized, but I still think that I need to work on keeping the reader interested. If i don't have a well organized essay that keeps the reader interested they will be bored by the end and not want to read it.

Personal Growth
I note quite a few improvements between my Alchemist essay and my Julius Caesar essay. First of all I made my writing easier to follow and not all over the place making it so confusing for the reader. I did this by following a logical order and also flowing into my next idea well instead of just stating it. I also improved a lot on explaining my quotes. I was very confused about how to explain my quote and ended up not doing a very good job on it, but on my next essay I was able to explain my quote and why I chose it very well.

SLR
When ever I write an essay I always use the SLR Think Creatively. When ever I'm writing an essay I try to think about how I will be able to write the essay well but also creatively. I want my essays to be creative yet thoughtful and easy to read so I think of new ways of how to make my sentences and paragraphs flow so that the reader will read it well. I also think creatively when I am trying to find a way to incorporate all my ideas into a paragraph and not make it to repetitive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers